[Mailman3-dev] Mailman 3 Contributors Agreement

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun Mar 14 23:27:44 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:17:46 -0500
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> http://zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/MM3ContributorsAgreement.pdf

My quibbles:

  I specifically don't want to see Mailman under a "...or any future
  version of the GPL..." such that it could become subject to an
  Affero-like license.

  I'm uncomfortable with unconstrained re-licensing.  Specifically I
  dislike the idea of (for example) an MIT/BSD licensing fork which
  would allow the third party to then relicense Mailman again under a
  license they made up.  I'd be happier with a constraint on the
  relicensing forms which stated that third parties would only be
  allowed to use the code under the license they acquired it under.

--
J C Lawrence