[Mailman3-dev] Suggested Features

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:59:51 EST 2004

Ability to modify the HTML template for more than the couple of pages
that I can change now. It is currently difficult approaching
impracticable to go from reading, say, the Jan. 31 archive mail to the
Feb. 1 mail (assuming monthly archiving). The levels of view are:

 1. "The [whatever]-list Archives" page, which shows a table of the
monthly archives

 2. view one month

 3. view an individual post

When you've selected a month, worked your way through a whole thread,
and come to the end of the month, there is no easy way to get to the
next month. You can click BACK BACK BACK BACK... in your browswer or go
to the browser's BACK list till you get to the Archives page in the
above list, or you can follow the link "More info on this list", and on
that page find and click on the link to the top level, but there's no
direct link to "next month" or "previous month", or even to the Archives
page itself.

While I'm on this topic, I sure wish I could get the sorted by-month
displays, or at least the Date view, to show the date of the messages.
When you're searching through 100 messages for one whose date you know,
that sure would help.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania