[Mailman3-dev] anti-spam related features

Jon Parise jon at indelible.org
Mon Mar 15 15:00:03 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 02:05:24PM -0500, Erez Zadok wrote:

> - a way for valid subscribers to add aliases to their subscription.  That
>   avoids the usual problem of rejecting/holding a posting from a valid
>   subscriber who sent the post from a different email account.  I don't like
>   the idea of adding a filter rule to allow all future posts for such a
>   person, b/c that rule remains forever, while the original user could have
>   already unsubscribed.

I like this idea.  It would be conceptually similar to the notion of a
"profile".  Subscribers would be able to add or remove email addresses
from their profile, and each address could be configured with the
various list options (hold message, no-MIME).  Adding or removing an
address might require a confirmation step.  A subscriber could manage
their profile by using any of their subscribed addresses as the "key".

--
Jon Parise (jon at indelible.org)  ::  "Scientia est Potentia"