[Mailman3-dev] Close coupling of RSS generation?

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Mon Mar 15 19:03:21 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 18:43, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 17:41, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:
> > I've worked a bit with the unofficial RSS patch to HyperArchive.  It
> > would be great to see better RSS generation (support for content:encoded
> > and access to message content pre-HTMLized) integrated into MM3.
>
> I keep hearing how RSS and similar syndication stuff is the future of
> the web.  I'm sympathetic, and would like to understand better how we
> can build a framework to make this possible (either out of the box or as
> a more cleanly installed 3rd party package).

It may be easier than you think if MM3 is going to use an active mail
store db.  I'd imagine that HyperArchive would morph into report styles
on top of the db, and RSS (and/or its bretheren) would then be just
another report style.  I'll hang back a bit and get a better picture of
how MM and HyperArchive interrelate before I go shooting my mouth off
too much.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
Never Forget:  It's Only 1's and 0's!