[Mailman3-dev] Re: Umbrella Lists --> CMS

Dale Newfield Dale at Newfield.org
Thu Mar 18 11:29:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Ian A B Eiloart wrote:
> All this is simplified if we make certain assumptions:
>     1. usernames don't contain "@".
>     2. usernames are unique across all storage containers.
>     3. there is an ordered list of priority for storage containers.

We need to distinguish between authentication source and data source...
...you may want to use LDAP for authentication, but when you want to store
mailman-specific information (bounce score, for example), the installation
may want to store that info in SQL.

Which means that usernames will likely *not* be unique across storage
containers.

-Dale