[Mailman3-dev] Problem with the schema

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Apr 1 10:53:32 CEST 2005

> You're iane and i.eiloart outside of Mailman?  I think that would not be
> Mailman's problem.

Well, perhaps - but it is a simple LDAP lookup to discover that fact - so
Mailman could in theory handle it. Currently my MTA rewrites incoming
sender addresses with the 'official' address associated with the username -
it's in our LDAP database. The problem is that subscribers have to remember
what the username is.

I wouldn't expect Mailman to know that I also have other accounts - but
'i.eiloart' is just a mail alias for 'iane', so it *could* handle that.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team