[Matplotlib-devel] [matplotlib-devel] Running test suite with out image comparisons

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:55:50 CEST 2015

If what you are trying to avoid is the long runtime it takes to do the
entire test suite, I have found that most of the test files can easily be
run individually. So, if you want to check something specific, you can do
something like "python lib/matplotlib/tests/test_foobar.py". It'll do the
image comparisons, yes, but it will be a limited subset of the full test
suite. The result images end up in the same location as if you ran the
normal test suite.