[Matplotlib-devel] mpl 1.5.1?

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:24:17 EST 2015

If anything, the rc process is good for vetting the correctness of the
binary builds. We do conflate the beta and rc process to be the "rc
process", and I agree that we don't need a beta testing period for 1.5.1,
but an rc should still be done so that people can report issues with the
binary builds. Note, this can be very short (just a couple of days, really).

Ben Root