[Matplotlib-devel] First release candidate for the 1.5.0 series

Jouni K. Seppänen jks at iki.fi
Tue Sep 15 21:01:16 CEST 2015

Could someone who uses backend_gdk actively and has numpy 1.6 test my
proposed fix? It compiles and imports for me, but that's not much of a
test yet. Drawing raster images should exercise the relevant code.

<https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/5080>

Jouni

Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> writes:

> With numpy 1.6 I get a link error for `PyArray_SetBaseObject` at
> <https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/blob/master/src/_backend_gdk.c#L55>
>
> Apparently that affects not only Windows:
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28499580>
>
> Christoph
>

> On 9/15/2015 4:56 AM, Thomas Caswell wrote:
>> Numpy 1.6 should work, we are currently testing against it on travis.
>>
>> And yes, please push the windows binaries to sourceforge.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:54 AM Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu
>> <mailto:cgohlke at uci.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 9/14/2015 8:59 PM, Thomas Caswell wrote:
>>     > Please give it a try! (linux64 conda builds are available on the
>>     > tacaswellanaconda.org <http://anaconda.org> <http://anaconda.org> channel)
>>     >
>>     >https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases/tag/v1.5.0rc1
>>     >
>>     > This release contains many new features.  The highlights include:
>>     >
>>     >    - the object oriented API will now automatically re-draw the figure
>>     > when working in the command line
>>     >    - automatic unpacking of labeled data into most plotting functions
>>     >    - arbitrary style cycling
>>     >    - four new perceptually linear color maps
>>     >    - mouse-over for pixel values with `imshow`
>>     >    - many new rcparams
>>     > In addition there are significant improvements to `nbagg` and a complete
>>     > overhaul of the c++ bindings to AGG.
>>     >
>>     > Please see the drafts of the [full whats
>>     > new](http://matplotlib.org/devdocs/users/whats_new.html#new-in-matplotlib-1-5)
>>     > and [api
>>     > changes](http://matplotlib.org/devdocs/api/api_changes.html#changes-in-1-5-0)
>>     >
>>     >

>>     Hi,
>>
>>     where do I upload the Windows binaries? Sourceforge?
>>
>>     What is the oldest supported numpy version? Numpy 1.6.2 no longer works.
>>     I am building rc1 with numpy 1.8.2 (Py <= 3.4) and 1.9.2 (Py 3.5).
>>
>>     Christoph

Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks