[Matplotlib-devel] supported python versions

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:58:51 CEST 2015

If Python 2.6 and 3.3 support is completely dropped in Matplotlib 1.5
and 2.0, I don't think you will hear (m)any complaints from users. When
I did a survey earlier this year, only 2% of users were on Python 2.6
and 1% on 3.3:

http://astrofrog.github.io/blog/2015/05/09/2015-survey-results/

>From an external point of view (since I am not a Matplotlib core dev),
I personally think option C makes more sense, i.e. still officially
supporting 2.6 and 3.3 in 1.5 (all the hard work is done) and then
dropping support in 2.0.

Cheers,
Tom