[Matplotlib-devel] MPL2 Logo

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Tue Sep 29 15:38:33 CEST 2015

I think it's a great idea to look carefully at branding as a whole, and
not take any changes lightly.  Thanks for getting that ball rolling, Thomas.

One thing that occurred to me today, as I walked into the Javits Center
and saw the matplotlib logo reproduced about 5 feet wide on a banner
hanging above the expo hall, is that we have a lot of inertia in the
current design, and we shouldn't take any change lightly.  As much as we
are moving to a better color map, the colors in the logo (and the orange
especially )are a strong part of the branding and branding in Scipy
projects in general.

Mike