[Matplotlib-devel] New "data cursors for matplotlib" package: https://github.com/anntzer/mplcursors

Antony Lee antony.lee at berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 3 17:47:56 EDT 2016

I'd be happy to give it a try once the new toolbar becomes usable from Qt
(which is the backend I use all the time) :-)
Note that you can currently already activate mplcursors for any of your
scripts just by setting the MPLCURSORS environment variable to a
JSON-encoded kwargs that will get passed to `mplcursors.cursor()` -- the
simplest being `MPLCURSORS={} python foo.py`.

Antony