[Matplotlib-devel] v2.0.0rc1 is tagged

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Mon Dec 12 19:52:29 EST 2016

thanks Thomas!

I've uploaded the RC1 to debian experimental in order to check what's
the buildability status of all those weird architectures we support
and also because i would like to understand your plan about a release.

Debian is about to freeze to prepare the next stable release, named
stretch (we should consider the end of January as the last date i can
upload a package for it to be released in stretch, but it's wiser to
upload earlier to avoid any surprise)

I would be totally fine to release with a RC of matplotlib if a final
release wont be out by that time, but what do you think? currently we
have 1.5.3 in stretch; do you think a final 2.0.0 is possible for the
early Jan?

thanks!

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Thomas Caswell <tcaswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have just finished tagging rc1!
>
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases/tag/v2.0.0rc1
>
> Holding off on uploading to pypi and announcing to the user lists until
> wheels are ready for the three big platform.  The wheels have been started
> on conda-forge.
>
> Thanks again to everyone who has worked on this.  We are definitely
> converging!
>
> Tom

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/