[Matplotlib-devel] [Matplotlib-users] paletted PNG backend

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:43:55 EST 2016

Jesper,

That is a cool application!

I am not sure doing this directly in Agg would be the best place (as I am
not sure how to conceptually combine anti-aliasing + compositing + color
pallet).  I think a better place to extend would be the png writer to
directly export a palleted png (
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/blob/master/src/_png.cpp#L123)
from the Agg RBGA buffer.

You might also be interested in
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/5389 where Mike did some work
to sort out which png settings are fastest.

Tom

re-subscribe and send future emails there.