[Matplotlib-devel] Any plans to change the defaults in matplotlibrc

Isaac Gerg isaac.gerg at gergltd.com
Wed Jan 6 10:56:33 EST 2016

Thanks for everyone's replies.

I am still perfecting my rc file but am happy to share what I have so far.

https://github.com/isaacgerg/matplotlibrc

I did a research project a few years ago on color theory and am updating my
rc file based on my findings.

Additionally, it would be really cool to have some kind of webapp whereby a
user uploads their matplotlibrc file and the server generates a set of
plots based on it.  I'm happy to take a whack at it if folks want to chime
in and email me some example plots to render.  I would keep it to simple
plots to start.

I am aware of the plotornot "experiment" and also have rolled some of those
features into my rc file as well (its very based off of Cam Davidson's)

Isaac

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroettboom at continuum.io