[Matplotlib-devel] mpl 1.5.1 tagged + currently active branches

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:43:19 EST 2016

Hey folks,

I have tagged 1.5.1, but will hold off a wider announcement + rebuilding
the webpage until all of the wheels are built.  The mac wheels are built by
travis and should be done already but we did not back-port the appveyor
setup to the 1.5.x branch so we are still relying on Christoph Gohlke.

I am not sure the status of conda-forge for auto-built conda packages.

For branches, our currently active branches are:

  - 1.5.1-doc: documentation (rst files and examples) only
  - 1.5.x: critical bugs.  This is a hedge against needing to do a 1.5.2
  - 2.x: style changes + any new features required to make the style
changes work
  - master: almost anything can go in.  We are holding off on traitlets +
the GUI refactor just a bit longer in case we run into any other major
problems on 2.x (to avoid a potentially really messy merge).

A big thanks to everyone who reported bugs or provided fixes for this
release!

Tom