[Matplotlib-devel] [Wheel-builders] Manylinux external library test case - matplotlib, tk

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:47:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel at ensta.org> wrote:
>> I tested it with:
>>
>> import matplotlib
>> matplotlib.use('PyQt5')
>
> Typo, this was supposed to read:
>
> matplotlib.use('Qt5Agg')

Meanwhile, I tried removing (patchelf --remove-needed) the
requirements of _tkagg.so on the vendored libtk, libtcl, and added
back the requirement (patch --add-needed) on general `libtk.so' and
'libtcl.so'.  This removed the segfault and allowed me to display
`plt.range(10)'.  I suppose then, that the tk / tcl ABI that we are
using is relatively stable across versions 8.4 (on the docker image)
and 8.6 (on Debian sid).

Worth experimenting with this - or too much of a hack?

Is there a way to add libraries to ignore, in `auditwheel repair` ?

Cheers,

Matthew