[Matplotlib-devel] REL: v1.5.2rc2

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Thu May 26 22:44:01 EDT 2016

Hey folks,

I just tagged rc2.

This includes a some-what aggressive backport of the reworking of how we
link into Tk to decouple from the exact version of tk we are compiled
against (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/6442)

As such, please try to build this on your your systems and verify that mpl
builds and works correctly with the tkagg backend.

A major motivation for including this in the 1.5.2 release is that we can
now release wheels for all of the major platforms.  Much of the credit for
this should go to the tireless Matthew Brett.

The new rc (and the old one) should be available (assuming the CI passes)
for conda via

   conda install -c conda-forge/channel/rc matplotlib

Tom