[Matplotlib-devel] new github features

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:10:15 EDT 2016

Hi Eric,

> Some automated operations are good.  For example, if a "closes #1234" in an obvious location in a PR causes #1234 to be closed when the PR is merged, that's good.  Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how this works--it seems like sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Presumably I just don't know the rule github is using.  So here, a better design would be a box in the PR specifically for linking in "closes" issue numbers.

I can inform you on that.

It has to be in one of the _commit message_, once the commit is in
master the PR get closed.

It is confusing as when there is a single commit, GitHub make the the
default for the pull-request description,
but being in the commit allows you to close issues by pushing directly
on master (for project that do it).

See https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages/

Cheers,