[Matplotlib-devel] mpl_finance maintenance

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sat Jan 7 14:09:33 EST 2017

Hi, I'm new here (waves).

I occasionally use matplotlib.finance (primarily for the historical
quotes functions) and discovered that it's deprecated in matplotlib
2.0and has been split off into a separate module,
https://github.com/matplotlib/mpl_finance
whose README says that it's basically unmaintained, and to help, get
in touch on matplotlib-users. Since I use it and would like to see
it continue to be available, I'm willing to help maintain it.

A helpful person on #matplotlib suggested that matplotlib-devel was
probably a better place than -users, so here I am. I am not by any
means a finance expert, but most of mpl_finance is basic functions
like fetching historical quotes and plotting them.

Anyway, if the current contributors want help maintaining mpl_finance,
I'm akkana on GitHub, or send me email. Or let me know if I should
re-post to matplotlib-users like the README said.

And thanks for all the ongoing work in maintaining matplotlib!

        ...Akkana