[Matplotlib-devel] 2017-01-23 phone call notes

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:43:16 EST 2017

Folks,

Today we had my self, nellev and efiring.

 - Discussed that we have had surprisingly few 2.0 related bug reports,
unclear if we have not had uptake yet or if we really didn't break all that
much

 - Discussed existing branches on upstream, tried to see if we could
restrict permissions to create new branches on upstream, seems like not
(coupled to write permissions).  Please be careful to not push new branches
to upstream!

 - CI is taking too long, how to speed up:
   - drop builds on PRs (and only do on master), candidates are dropping
3.4 or 3.5
   - reduce appveyor matrix on PRs
   - (not discussed on call) raise ~500$USD / yr to get 2 appveyor builds.
   - make the doc build faster (can we cache anything?)
   - auto-canceling super-ceded PR builds is in beta on travis. Just being
patient might work here.

 - BIDS is working on a distributed 'doc-a-thon', (Nelle will follow up
with details if mpl wants to participate).
   - discussed difficulty of reviewing doc changes (are they correct? is
english correct? is it formatted properly?)

 - discussed possibility of a in-person sprint (again Nelle will follow up)

Please correct me if I missed anything, wrote this from memory after the
fact.

Tom

PS Sorry for stealing some of your thunder Nelle :(