[Matplotlib-devel] documentation / example review

Elliott Sales de Andrade quantum.analyst at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:48:15 EDT 2017

Hi all,

In related matters, I think I should point out the possibility of building
docs on Circle CI again [1]. This has two benefits:
a) reduced load on Travis, meaning faster feedback for PRs, and;
b) browseable built docs *before* merging, so if someone makes a change on
GitHub, they can see the actual effect on the website, or the reviewer can
see it before hand, instead of waiting for a devdocs build later/building
locally.

[1] https://github.com/QuLogic/matplotlib/tree/circle-docs

On 15 July 2017 at 18:26, Thomas Caswell <tcaswell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We have recently been getting a lot of contributions around the prose
> documentation and examples (which is great!) however our review process can
> be very frustrating, particularly for new contributors.   I propose that we
> use the review threshold for documentation and examples of "Is it better
> than it was before?".
>
> https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/8889
>
> Please remember to be kind and patient with new contributors!
>
> Tom

Elliott