[Matplotlib-devel] phone call notes 2017-03-20

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:24:09 EDT 2017

Folks,

On the call were my self, Nellev, dopplershift, efiring, and anntzer.

We went over the issues tagged as critical for 2.0.1.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues?q=is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Release+critical%22+milestone%3A%222.0.1+%28next+bug+fix+release%29%22

 - merged https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/8021
 - There are still issues with imshow + transforms that need to be resolved
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8111 see
notes on issue
 - discussion about https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/issues/8017 to
be solved by making shim always use mathdefault.  Keep the function in
place because we don't understand all of the mathtext.py code well enough
to be sure we will never want to put conditionals in there again.

I think having a 2.0.1rc1 out middle of next week is feasible.

Tom