[Matplotlib-devel] 2017-05-08 phone call

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Sat May 13 15:45:33 EDT 2017

Folks,

Sorry for being so late on getting this out.

My self, Eric Firing and Ryan May.

 - Went over the last few issues for 2.0.2 (which has subsequently been
tagged and released)
 - discussed future release plans

Going forward, we do not plan to do a 2.0.3 (unless we find another truly
egregious regression) and plan to get a 2.1 RC in time for scipy (July).

This leaves the question of what to do with our milestones as we have 600+
things tagged for 2.0.3.   In general, we need some way to differentiate
'This must go in for this release X.Y.Z' and 'This can / sholud be merged /
backported for release X.Y.Z'.

Maybe we should have a 'next minor' and 'next patch' milestones to hold the
'can/should' issues / PRs and use the explicitly numbered milestones for
the 'must' category?

Tom