[Matplotlib-devel] help in plotting 3D bathmetry of GEBCO data

rohit0104 rohit010493 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:42:42 EDT 2018

Hi all,
I want to plot 3D bathymetry from GEBCO data. I am attaching my code and
plot below, can anyone help me in rectifying my code for proper plot of
bathymetry.

'''
________________________
surface (color map)
======================

Demonstrates plotting a 3D surface colored with the coolwarm color map.
The surface is made opaque by using antialiased=False.

Also demonstrates using the LinearLocator and custom formatting for the
z axis tick labels.
'''

from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from matplotlib import cm
from matplotlib.ticker import LinearLocator, FormatStrFormatter
import numpy as np
from netCDF4 import Dataset as NetCDFFile

fig = plt.figure()
ax = fig.gca(projection='3d')

nc = NetCDFFile('GEBCO_2014_2D.nc')

X = nc.variables['lon'][:]
Y = nc.variables['lat'][:]
Z = nc.variables['elevation'][:]

X,Y = np.meshgrid(X,Y)

# Plot the surface.
surf = ax.plot_surface(X, Y, Z, cmap=cm.coolwarm,
                       linewidth=0, antialiased=False)

# Customize the z axis.
ax.set_zlim(-1.01, 1.01)
ax.zaxis.set_major_locator(LinearLocator(10))
ax.zaxis.set_major_formatter(FormatStrFormatter('%.02f'))

# Add a color bar which maps values to colors.
fig.colorbar(surf, shrink=0.5, aspect=5)

plt.show()

<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5155/Figure_1.png>

--
Sent from: http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-devel-f28077.html