[Matplotlib-devel] release schedule

Ryan May rmay31 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:33:29 EDT 2018

Nelle,

I hear what you're saying about long-lived branches, but given that we do
bug fix releases off that branch, it's going to be around for a long time
any way; IMO the point is moot.

I'm also not sure that anything that impedes our ability to merge PRs (such
as a feature freeze on master) is a good idea overall.

Ryan

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:01 PM Nelle Varoquaux <nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My two cents is that the branching process should not be happening to
> soon: can we do a feature freeze in master instead? Managing branches for
> long period of time can be a pain in the butt…
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 18:50, Thomas Caswell <tcaswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, so looking at my calendar, aiming to do 3.0.1 and 2.2.4 Nov 3-4 seems
>> realistic.  Even if we don't fix everything that has been reported, we have
>> enough bug-fixes already in it will be worth it.
>>
>> Lets plan to create the 3.1.x branch on Jan 31, 2019, RCs in Feburary and
>> a final release sometime in March?
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:59 PM Paul Hobson <pmhobson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Agree with Ryan.