[Matplotlib-devel] release schedule

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:53:37 EDT 2018

It's a question of incentives. It's always "more cool" to implement
features. If you have a feature freezes, but nothing can get merged before
the 10 bugs have been fixed, you'll have more chance of people working on
the bug fixes.
I distinctively remember the 2.0 situation where not many of us where
tackling the 10 remaining tickets, and where we (in my opinion) really
struggled to get the release out of the door.

Cheers,