[Matplotlib-devel] Disabling Travis CI in the Matplotlib organization

Elliott Sales de Andrade quantum.analyst at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:02:29 EDT 2022

Hello,

Given the recent security issue [1], we would like to reduce our
exposure to addons we don't use. As Travis CI has essentially killed
itself for Open Source projects, we have mostly moved off of it.
Hence, we have suspended Travis in the Matplotlib organization.

There are still 4 repositories that still contain a `.travis.yml`:
- https://github.com/matplotlib/freetypy
- https://github.com/matplotlib/mpl-finance
- https://github.com/matplotlib/trendvis
- https://github.com/matplotlib/viscm

It would be appreciated if you could move those repositories to a
different CI system (or maybe they should be archived?)

If there are no complaints in the next month or so, we can then
disable Travis CI entirely (or earlier if everyone's moved.)

[1] https://github.blog/2022-04-15-security-alert-stolen-oauth-user-tokens/

--
Elliott