[Matplotlib-devel] [ANN] Matplotlib 3.7.0 release candidate 1

Elliott Sales de Andrade quantum.analyst at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:18:05 EST 2023

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the issue of the first release candidate for
3.7.0. Please test widely so that we may correct any bugs before the
final release.

Pre-built wheels are available for most major platforms, and can be
installed using `pip install matplotlib==3.7.0rc1`. Other packages may
also be available already; please check with your preferred source.

The 3.7.0 release candidate represents the work of 107 authors over 380
pull requests, and we thank them for their contributions.

For further details, please see the release notes:
https://matplotlib.org/3.7.0/users/release_notes.html#next-version
and the milestone on GitHub:
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/milestone/70?closed=1

Note, the release notes have not yet been curated, and may be incomplete.

For packagers, this release contains some changes to dependencies:

  * pyparsing>=2.3.1 is now required.
  * importlib_resources>=2.3.0 is now required on Python<3.10.
  * Support for Qt<5.10 has been dropped.
  * NumPy 1.20 is now required.

This release is signed by my GPG key. The fingerprint is:
23CA B59E 3332 F94D 26BE F037 8D86 E7FA E5EB 0C10
and it is also used to sign this message.

--
Elliott