[Matplotlib-users] (no subject)

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:18:11 CEST 2015

The "fig.text()" call returns a Text artist. You can remove it later if you
like by calling its "remove()" method. If your concern is mostly that the
subsequent plots are appearing on top of it, and you would like the text to
always be on top, you can set its "zorder" value to be something large,
like 10:

text = fig.text(0.13, 0.85, "Now is the time", fontsize=10, zorder=10)

As for grids, you can turn that on with "ax.grid(True)".

Cheers!
Ben Root