[Matplotlib-users] Matplotlib version in Jupyter

Jens Nielsen jenshnielsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:36:32 EST 2015

You probably have to supply some more details to figure out what is going
on. I assume that you mean ipython and not numpy?
Jupyter can run several different kernels with different versions of python
so it could be a different version of python?

The easies way to figure out where python imports a library from is to do
something like

import matplotlib
print(matplotlib.__file__)

that will tell you the part to the top level file of the installation. Can
you try that and report back the result?

best
Jens