[Matplotlib-users] Creating side by side graphs with different scales

Alexander Lindsay adlinds3 at ncsu.edu
Mon Dec 21 15:01:14 EST 2015

Hi all,

Attached is a figure showing what I hope to achieve. I have two domains
that are connected but which have dramatically different scaling on
either side of their interface. I would like the x axis to be in
micrometers on one side of the interface and nanometers on the other
side. I also want to be able to use a different y-axis on both sides
(e.g. range 0 - 1e19 on one side and and range 0 - 1e23 on the other
side). Yet I would like to juxtapose the two plots together as shown in
the attached figure. Is this possible with matplotlib? If so, what's the
best way to go about doing this?

Alex