[Matplotlib-users] Cannot interact with 3D axis view during Funcanimation animation

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:02:00 CEST 2015

Blitting fundamentally means "copy the background without any animated
parts and use that bitmap instead of re-rendering it". So, unless the
codebase is set up to re-blit the background every time it changes,
interactivity won't work. We have some real basic support for
panning/zooming in 2D plots while blitting, but that ties into the event
handler. Rotating a 3D plot isn't an explicit event, so we haven't added
blitting support for that yet.

Ben Root