[Matplotlib-users] updating contours

Michael Droettboom mdroettboom at continuum.io
Mon Oct 26 11:07:07 EDT 2015

You're correct that there is no equivalent -- contour is one of those
"computed" things that can't be directly updated from the original data.
You don't need to do a whole `cla()` though.  Removing the contour artist
and calling contour again should be sufficient.

Mike

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Slavin, Jonathan <jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at a series of images and want to include overplotted
> contours.  To update the image I just need to use the set_data() method of
> the AxesImage object.  However, as far as I can tell, there's nothing
> similar for the QuadContourSet object.  I tried set_array() but that didn't
> work.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to
> update the contours?  Of course if necessary I could do a cla(), but that
> would be slow, I think.
>
> Regards,
> Jon
> --
> Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
> jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
> phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
> cell: (781) 363-0035             USA

Michael Droettboom
Continuum Analytics