[Matplotlib-users] ImportError on Anaconda Win64 system

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:24:49 EDT 2015

Argh this is what I get from trying to do too many things at once.

Correction, if I try to do:
from pylab import *  - with either WxAgg or Qt4Agg set in matplotlibrc I
get:

Python 2.7.10 |Anaconda 2.3.0 (64-bit)| (default, Oct 21 2015, 19:35:23)
[MSC v.
1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Anaconda is brought to you by Continuum Analytics.
Please check out: http://continuum.io/thanks and https://anaconda.org
>>> from pylab import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\pylab.
py", line 1, in <module>
    from matplotlib.pylab import *
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\pylab.py", line 231, in <module>
    import matplotlib.finance
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\finance.py", line 38, in <module>
    from matplotlib.collections import LineCollection, PolyCollection
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\collections.py", line 27, in <module>
    import matplotlib.backend_bases as backend_bases
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\backend_bases.py", line 56, in <module>
    import matplotlib.textpath as textpath
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\textpath.py", line 22, in <module>
    from matplotlib.mathtext import MathTextParser
  File
"C:\Users\marnj\AppData\Local\Continuum\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\matplo
tlib\mathtext.py", line 63, in <module>
    import matplotlib._png as _png

How do I check the selected backend from within a python session?