[Matplotlib-users] redefining color keywords in stylesheets

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:52:19 EDT 2016

Pierre,

We are working on a couple different features that would better address
your problem. First, we are working on implementing a shorthand notation
for properties that would reference elements in the property cycle. So,
specifying `color='[0]'` and `linewidth='[0]'` would set those properties
from the first element of the property cycle. There are some details that
are still being worked out, though, and would likely land in version 2.1,
but a preview/beta pared-down version might appear in v2.0.

Another feature that has been discussed, but hasn't gotten very far is a
"palette" concept. This would allow one to have multiple versions of that
ColorConverter dictionary that would map the names to different rgb specs.
I don't think this idea has gotten a pull request yet, and I would imagine
that it shouldn't be too difficult to implement for those who might be
interested in taking it on.

Cheers!
Ben Root