[Matplotlib-users] Commercial Use

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:16:35 EDT 2016

Matplotlib and NumPy are both licensed similarly to Python, so commercial
use is fine. I think all of the major dependencies are BSD (the AGG
renderer) or LGPL (gtk, qt, etc.), so you should be good there, too.

Technically speaking, Continuum Analytics and Enthought both sell
commerical Python distributions that includes these packages without any
problems.

Cheers!
Ben Root