[Matplotlib-users] Blue marble doesn't map to regional ortho projection correctly

Don Morton don.morton at borealscicomp.com
Fri Apr 8 19:49:25 EDT 2016

Hello,

I could easily be doing something wrong.  I posted this issue about two
years ago and never saw a response, so I'll try again.  It's more of an
academic question - I can work around the issue.  In the following code, I'm
trying to plot a regional ortho projection over central Europe (I've
commented out the global projection), and then trying to use a bluemarble
background.  As you can see from the attached image, global bluemarble
background is plotted, not a regional one.  This also happens with
shadedrelief and etopo.

<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/n46944/ortho.png>

import mpl_toolkits.basemap as bm
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt