[Matplotlib-users] [ANN] New release of mpl-probscale (v0.1.1)

Paul Hobson pmhobson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:22:49 EDT 2016

Just wanted to let everyone know that I cut a new release of mpl-probscales.

http://phobson.github.io/mpl-probscale/

It's available through my conda channel and now pip:
conda install mpl-probscale --channel=phobson
or
pip install probscale

What Is It?
mpl-probscale let's you use probability scales in on matplotlib axes.

In addition to the scales themselves, mpl-probscale has a high-level
plotting function for creating probability, quantile, and percentile plots
and adding best-fit line. Probability plots, in this case, use the same
scale as a quantile plot. However, the values are represented as
(non-exceedance) probabilities rather than z-scores, making them a bit more
intuitive.

What's New?
 * top-level probability plot function is mappable across seaborn
FacetGrids[1]
 * removed dependency on scipy
 * users can now specify how plotting positions should be computed à la
scipy.stats.mstats.plotting_positions[2]

[1]
http://phobson.github.io/mpl-probscale/tutorial/getting_started.html#working-with-seaborn-facetgrids
[2] http://phobson.github.io/mpl-probscale/viz.html#probscale.viz.plot_pos

Python 2.7, 3.4, and 3.5 are supported.