[Matplotlib-users] How to integrated plt.fill with event handling

Said Bashir smsawmu at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:33:56 EDT 2016

Hi all

Thank you for the advice.

To give you bit of a background: I am working with Kivy GUI framework and I am trying to embed figures into GUI. At the moment I successfully managed to embed the figures when I used plt.figure() as shown below example.

def my_plot(self, nap):

        self.fig = plt.figure()

        self.ax = self.fig.add_subplot(121)

        self.connectMplEvents(self.fig)

def connectMplEvents(self, figure):

       figure.canvas.mpl_connect('button_press_event', press)

       figure.canvas.mpl_connect('button_release_event', release)

       figure.canvas.mpl_connect('key_press_event', keypress)

       figure.canvas.mpl_connect('key_release_event', keyup)

       figure.canvas.mpl_connect('motion_notify_event', motionnotify)

I would like similar concept that would bind the filled area into a callback so it could be plotted into a designated frame (e.g. subplot(122))

Said