[Matplotlib-users] Matplotlib set_array slow in comparison with cv2

coquelicot coquelicot at walla.com
Mon Apr 18 16:28:46 EDT 2016

>>Which version of matplotlib are you using?
>>which backend is in use,

I use python 3.4 with Anaconda; I believe that the version of Matplotlib is
1.4.3

>>Also, it would be good to know what your benchmark results are.

The images are 1920x1200 = 1.94MB, and I am trying to run this at 10 fr/s:
Matplotlib can't, while opencv can run this at 30 fr/s without problem. Even
for smaller images, there is a notable difference.

My question is: have you tried the code I've posted, and is it running fine
for you ?

thx.