[Matplotlib-users] matplotlib at LIGO/GW observation

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:00:34 EST 2016

Speaking of citations, while we have your ear...

Some of us have noticed that the paper did not include any citations to the
scientific software that were utilized. This is somewhat of a new thing to
cite software, but matplotlib, numpy and other projects all have suggested
citations that we encourage researchers to use in their papers. Many of us
are also researchers, and contributions to projects like numpy and
matplotlib are often not treated as being on the same level as any other
publication because researchers rarely cite the software projects they use.

http://matplotlib.org/citing.html

No hard feelings, we love what you guys have done. Just flagging it so that
you guys might do so in future papers.

Cheers!
Ben Root