[Matplotlib-users] matplotlib at LIGO/GW observation

Duncan Macleod duncan.macleod at ligo.org
Tue Feb 16 15:02:16 EST 2016

Hi Ben, all,

You are correct, we haven't been very diligent in citing the software used
in our results, mainly from the problem of having a very large software
stack; everything from real-time interferometer operations and low-latency
data analysis through detection characterisation and myriad offline
analysis pipelines use hundreds of packages (C, C++, python, matlab, ROOT,
... on multiple OSs) which becomes hard to cite.

I will, however, bring the subject up in the collaboration to try and
collect citations from software so that we can get in the habit of
providing proper references. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Duncan

Duncan Macleod
duncan.macleod at ligo.org