[Matplotlib-users] rotated axes within figure.

Gustavo Goretkin gustavo.goretkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 03:39:47 EST 2016

Alright, this was my shot at it:
https://gist.github.com/goretkin/d34f287062f6b27e8846

It seems like the assumption of an  axis-aligned axes is baked in pretty
strongly, and maybe that's for the best...

I couldn't figure out how tick lines work and why they weren't rotated. The
Line2D object has the correct transform. They are lines whose xy_data
contain only one coordinate, though something must specify the other end of
the tick line (what gives it its length otherwise?) and that is assuming
that the axes is axis-aligned.

In [4]: [l.get_xydata() for l in ax.xaxis.get_ticklines()]
Out[4]:
[array([[ 0.,  0.]]),
 array([[ 0.,  1.]]),
 array([[ 2.,  0.]]),