[Matplotlib-users] How to plot tick values in-place

Ilja Honkonen ilja.j.honkonen at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 9 09:59:05 EST 2016

Hello
I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem with google,
perhaps someone here can help. When I plot the following:
import matplotlib.pyplot as plot
plot.plot([0, 1e-9, 0, -1e-9])
plot.show()
the y tick marks are shown as -1, -0.5, 0, 0.5, 1 and their scaling is
given elsewhere, how can I make matplotlib write the entire number at
tick location so I don't have to search for potential corrections to
tick values in other parts of the plot? matplotlib.__version__ is
'1.1.1'. Thanks!
Ilja