[Matplotlib-users] Struggle with ticker.SymmetricalLogLocator()

superchinchilla chinchi at physik.tu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 15 05:03:51 EST 2016

Hi,

I want to make a symmetric logarithmic plot, but unfortunately the y-values
are overlapping around 0. I don't want to display the first values around 0.
I'm not sure how to use the ticker.SymmetricalLogLocator command to change
the ticklocations or the tickfrequencies. I searched for a long time but
didn't find any proper solution for it besides the examples for the normal
Loglocater which didn't work.  I tried to understand how the
ticker.SymmetricalLogLocator(transform, subs=None) instance is working on
the matplotlib documentation side which is not an easy target for me. I only
want that the first ticklabes around zero are not displayed in my plot.

I'm using the plt.yscale('symlog') command in order to plot it symmetrically
around zero. My picture looks like

<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/n46753/heat1_raten1.png>
Sorry for my bad English,
thanx for any help in advance