[Matplotlib-users] matplotlib at LIGO/GW observation

Paul Kuin npkuin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 18:41:43 EST 2016

There is a certain unfairness in the citing when the citation goes to a
review paper, not to the source. Similarly, for software when the problem
is that not all the parts that contributed can be referenced, a software
paper describing the software, processing and what bit are used from here
and there will at least set up some traceability.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Kathleen Tacina <
kathleen.m.tacina at nasa.gov> wrote:

> I've occasionally put software like matplotlib in the Acknowledgements
> section, and included a reference there.
>
> I wasn't aware of \nocite, I may use it in the future.
>
> On 2/16/16 4:48 PM, matplotlib-users-request at python.org wrote:
>
>> Re: matplotlib at LIGO/GW observation

* * * * * * * * http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~npmk/ * * * *
Dr. N.P.M. Kuin      (n.kuin at ucl.ac.uk)
phone +44-(0)1483 (prefix) -204211 (work)
mobile +44(0)7806985366  skype ID: npkuin
Mullard Space Science Laboratory  – University College London  –
Holmbury St Mary – Dorking – Surrey RH5 6NT–  U.K.