[Matplotlib-users] mpl governance

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 18:32:08 EDT 2016

Folks,

During the sprints at SciPy Mike Droettboom and I started to adapt the
Jupyter governance documents for matplotlib.

We are doing this in the open, and a pull request of the changes is at:

https://github.com/matplotlib/governance/pull/1

To be clear, this is a work in progress and is not final or in force.

We propose the mechanism for ratifying the these documents is to, after
input from the community, have the current "matplotlib Executive Committee"
(the signers of the FSA with NUMFocus) vote.

Tom

ps A very similar email was sent to the matplotlib-devel list on July 17