[Matplotlib-users] Problem with animation.save and extra_anim

gml gml at garymlewis.com
Mon Mar 14 21:46:24 EDT 2016

As you say, it's true that in my example both ArtistAnimation and
FuncAnimation were static multi-frame "animations" of a 1D plot of points.
But when done with a thousand or so Cantor set points, the static plot and
the animated plot where xlim narrows around a clump of points are really
quite effective. It's just that I cannot use animation.save and extra_anim
to save the two animations into a single file. And it's not clear to me
whether the problem is the python code I wrote or whether there's a bug in
animation.save.