[Matplotlib-users] mouse cursor coordinates

Juan fiolj at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 11:11:44 EDT 2016

Ok, I do not use spyder so I may be wrong, but it looks that it works if
in the preferences windows (Tools -> Preferences)
in the option:
              "IPython console"
In the tab:
	      "Graphics"
you select the Backend:
	      "Automatic"

You probably have to restart spyder for it to work.

Regards,
	Juan

On 30/05/16 11:40, grivet wrote:
> Le 30/05/2016 à 14:36, Juan a écrit :
>> It works well in my system (linux gentoo) with ipython-4.0.3,
>> python-2.7.10 and python-3.4.3.
>>
>> Did you try running it outside spyder?
>> May be save it into a file (test_cursor.py) and run it directly from a
>> system console to see if the problem is with spyder.
>>
>> Anyway, I am not very experienced. May be someone else may have a better
>> advice.
>> Regards,
>>     Juan
>>

>> On 30/05/16 07:17, grivet wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I want to retrieve the mouse cursor coordinates when i click inside a
>>> figure. I have tried a variety ef example programs, such as
>>>
>>> from pylab import *
>>>
>>> fig = plt.figure()
>>> ax = fig.add_subplot(111)